Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Stretching the Boundaries of Advertising

I've previously posted about unusual advertising techniques. First of all there was the man who sold advertising space on his forehead on eBay; then there was the lass from Greenock who used her cleavage for a similar purpose. Unfortunately the picture of the latter no longer resides on eBay's server (well guys, there's more money to be made!).

Someone once said that the UK and the USA are "two nations separated by a common language". This explains my confusion when I came across the website www.bumvertising.com. My mind was boggling at the large acreage of advertising space that certain posteriors would provide, although I thought the natal cleft might "divide the message" somewhat. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the site involved the use of vagrants in circulating the advertiser's message!

I really feel that my version would attract more attention!