Wednesday, July 27, 2005

High Tech Toilet Discovered In Greece Shock



I'm a devoted graecophile. I first visited Greece in 1972, and I've now been to the country (mainly the islands) 10 times in total. The weather is wonderful, the scenery is beautiful, the people are very friendly, the food is fabulous, but the plumbing is still, I must confess, generally somewhat deficient. There is no doubt that some people are put off going to Greece purely by the fact that they can't flush their used toilet paper down the loo!

Personally, I can live with the situation, but imagine my surprise to find in the the Pines Restaurant in Skala, Kefalonia the ultimate in toilet technology! The CWS CleanSeat overcomes the age-old problem of thoughtless males "forgetting" to lift the seat before "pointing Percy at the porcelain". The next visitor to the loo simply activates the sensor and the seat rotates, cleaning the surface in the process. I wonder if my friends in the British Toilet Association have come across this ingenious device?

Maybe for once Greek plumbing leads the World?