Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Ha Ha

Being a boring So-and-so, people struggle to decide what to buy me for Christmas. As a result, this year I received two calendars. One was the "1000 Places To See Before You Die Calendar" which tells me about lots of fascinating places I'll never be able to afford to visit (unless I win the Lottery).

The other one was the "Doctors' Calendar" which has a very strong Amercian bias. It contains several quotations, most of which I've not found particularly inspiring or amusing. It also has jokes. This is one of the better ones:

"A ninety-two-year-old woman had a full cardiac arrest at home and was rushed to hospital. After about thirty minutes of unsuccessful resuscitation attempts the old lady was pronounced dead. The doctor approached the lady's seventy-two-year-old daughter and told her that her mother didn't make it.

'Didn't make it? She left in the ambulance forty-five minutes ago!'"