Sunday, August 21, 2005

The Rise of Pastafarianism

A while ago I briefly posted about the Cult of the Flying Spaghetti Monster ("Evolution is Bunkum!"). I attached a picture of the monster from another site, but I recently noticed that the image had been replaced by one of a rather unattractive human backside with a somewhat unsual large scar across it (I suspect this may have had something to do with copyright violation)! Lest the latter should offend younger readers browsing my archives, I decided to delete it.

Anyway, to return to the Cult, which has become known as Pastafarianism, I was interested to note, via Boing Boing, that the controversy continues (See here and here). The Monster even has his own entry on Wikipedia.

Who knows, if Church attendances continue to fall and Pastafarianism continues to rise the latter could end up the official state religion!