Thursday, October 14, 2004

A Night at the Cinema

Went with Gdog last night to see Man on Fire starring Denzel Washington (see picture). It was quite a late showing (started at 8.30 pm), and the cinema was packed for once. I thought it was a really enjoyable film. The reviews that I had read suggested that the first hour was good, but that the second half basically consisted of Our Denzel shooting most of the rest of the cast! I don't think this is fair. There is quite a lot of violence, but I don't think it's excessive. There is a decent plot, and the movie comes to a satisfactory, credible conclusion: what more can you ask for?

I haven't mentioned before that Gdog is a major movie fan. One of the local cinemas has an arrangement where you can pay £10 per month and see as many films as you want. Gdog certainly makes sure that she gets value for her money, and a spin-off is her growing DVD collection. She doesn't like going to the cinema on her own, and is always looking for someone to accompany her. I like films too, but Wosog and I can rarely agree on which movie to go and see. Gdog has very catholic taste in films, so we've now gone to see several together.

I'm still wakening too early, and I'm not sure this holiday is benefiting me as much as it should. If not a Man on Fire, I'm certainly not as cool as I'd like to be....