Saturday, September 24, 2005

Home Alone....Or Not Quite

Wosog has gone with her two sisters and her mother to Barcelona for the holiday weekend (IE from Friday to Monday). Fortunately (?) this is my regular weekend working during the day for the local Out of Hours Service. One of the other GPs who I work with says that this is the start of a slippery slope. His wife once went on an outing to Edinburgh with friends while he was working. She now jets off regularly to various exotic locations while he is soldiering away "Puting Death and Disease to the Sword". Funnily enough, she's a teacher, like Wosog: it's easy to see why females tend to live longer than males!

Gdog is home briefly because she hasn't managed to get a job on Glasgow yet, and she is still working at one of the local supermarkets. I saw her briefly last night, and was surprised to find that she's supposedly staying in tonight (though I'll believe it when I see it). We might actually have some "quality time" together (to use the jargon).

Gsog has just got a job in the same supermarket as Gdog. It's only since he started his job that he seems to have noticed the hours that I work! He describes my hours as "insane", which I suppose compared to his 14 hour working week (over and above school) is a fair description.

All in all, the house seems helluva quiet!