Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Bald Facts


A wise Irishman once said:

"A hair on the head is worth two on the brush".
I haven't made it public until now that the great Son of Groucho is marginally thin on top!

However, help may eventually be at hand. Boffins at Johns Hopkins University in the USA have managed to regrow fur on bald mice by correcting a gene mutation. From the article on the BBC Health website it sounds as if application of the new findings in humans might be too late for my increasingly feeble follicles, I'm afraid!

My other favourite hair-related quotation is actually from George Burns. I noticed it in the local salon when they were attempting to cut my flowing locks without increasing my risk of hypothermia too much. It read:
"Too bad the only people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and cutting hair."