Saturday, March 19, 2005

Here's One I Prepared Earlier....

I'm not sure what the BBC television program Blue Peter is like now, but one of my few childhood memories is of numerous presentations on how to make various priceless objects from "found" materials, the main ones being, as I remember, wire coat hangers, Fairy Liquid bottles, and, of course, the indispensable sticky backed plastic. Imagine then, if you will, my delight at coming across a web page that shows you how to make a wallet from duct tape!

I was relieved to find that the Blue Peter website does have a section on things to do. The show's pets look just as cute as ever, and the male presenters look almost as dorky as John Noakes, but the girls are absolute babes! When I think that we had to make do with Valerie Singleton!

I was interested to note that if you run your pointer over the home page pictures of the presenters and pets they all make a noise except for Shelley the tortoise. I think this is most unfair. I'm sure tortoises would make a noise if we all just had the patience to wait for them to do so! As for Simon, is he really saying "Christ!" (controversial) or "Cripes!" (less so): you decide.