Saturday, October 15, 2005

Leaving On A Jet Plane?


As I mentioned the other day, in my new devil-may-care style of behaviour, Wosog and I are jetting off to Florence early tomorrow morning. I say "jetting", but to be honest I've not read the small print from Ryanair. Maybe the explanation for the cheapness of the flight is that we're going to Italy in a propeller-driven former Second World War fighter plane? Maybe each passenger has a set of pedals and we all have to engage the legendary British fighting spirit to drive the craft to take-off velocity?

To be honest, I couldn't give a hoot as long as the bloody thing gets us to Pisa in one pisa (or whatever the Italian for "piece" is). I'm not too sure how good the weather is going to be, but it would be nice to get a picture of Brunelleschi's dome without the scaffolding!

Anyway, things will be a bit quiet on the blogging front for a few days. I'm hoping to have lots of cultural events to write about when I come back. That's if Gsog doesn't provide me with ranting material by wrecking the house while we're away!